Die to roll = d8
- avr roll = 5
A catalyst is required to make the first roll of new research
- Example: Spell book with partial or tangential spell
- Example: Runes on a magic item in the world
- Example: Book on the subject (posion, sewing, brewing, etc…)
- Example: Kata taught by a master
An additive or study aid is required at every 25% roll
- Example: A step 0 has been studied 2 times resulting in 13 (out of 50) points of research.
- The next roll requires an additive.
- Example: a step 2 has been studied 75 times resulting in 130 (out of 500) points of research.
- The next roll will require an additive.
Research by hireling = d4
Research as character = d6
Research with additive as character = d8+
- Depending on the additive the die roll can go up in steps
- Steps: d8 → d10 → d12 → 2d6 → d20
Each step is + .5 to base
Base = 1
step 0 = 10^(base+0) == 10 rolls (50points)
step 1 = 10^(base+.5) == 32 rolls
step 2 = 10^(base+1) == 100 rolls